Parcel Up team works hard to provide different options for shipping parcels from China while ensuring shipping quality. We invite you to check out the below FAQ regarding shipping to better understand and use our services.
1. How are shipping costs calculated?
Shipping costs are calculated based on actual weight or volume weight*, whichever is greater. Only Airmail shipping fees are based only on actual weight, though some countries may occasionally apply surcharge based on volume weight.
Shipping rates vary by carriers and minimum shipping weights and rates apply:
Airmail minimum fee starts at 0.1kg, for all other methods: 0.5kg.
It means that if you have a parcel of 50g, you need to pay for 0.1kg for Airmail shipping and pay for 0.5kg for shipping by EMS or any other Express shipping.
*Volume weight calculation:
Volume weight (KG) = (length CM * width CM * height CM) / 6000
- DHL / Fedex / UPS Expedite / UPS Express Saver / Aramex / Preferential Line:
Volume weight (KG) = (length CM * width CM) * height CM) / 5000
2. What is the estimated delivery time?
The estimated delivery time is provided to the customer for reference only based on average shipping time. The estimated delivery time does not include weekends or public holidays. Customs clearance time is not included and can not be estimated. You can find estimated delivery time shipping fee tables: International Shipping From China, Parcel Delivery Fees
3. What shipping options are available?
Options available with Parcel Up include but are not limited to: Airmail, EMS, Fedex, UPS, DHL, Aramex, SF Express. Should you have special requests, please feel free to reach out.
4. Are there any restricted or prohibited items?
Shipping carriers certainly restrict or prohibit the shipping of certain items in compliance with government regulations and laws for international shipping. Prohibited items are absolutely not allowed for shipping under any condition, while restricted items are sometimes possible to be shipped with certain carriers at a higher cost or with higher risk of being returned or confiscated by the customs.
Please beware that Parcel Up does not take responsibility for parcels containing restricted or prohibited goods returned or confiscated by the customs. For items that you are unsure about, please consult the Parcel Up customer support team.
List of prohibited items (non-exclusive):
- Bank bills, Notes, and Currency (other than checks or collectible coins)
- Bullion (of any precious metal)
- Gas (e.g. spray, Aerosols, any compressed gas)
- Flammable liquids or solids
- Illegal Wildlife Product, including shark fins and ivory
- Animals and plants (including insects and seeds)
- Loose precious and semi-precious stones (cut or uncut, polished or unpolished)
- Complete original and imitation firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, explosives/explosive devices (including fireworks, flares, blasting caps and automobile airbag components)
- Illegal goods, such as counterfeit goods
List of restricted items (non-exclusive):
- Cream and paste
- Cosmetic products
** Restricted items may be shipped in small quantities and considered sensitive items. Please contact Online Support to inquire about the possibility to ship such items.
*** Please note that shipping restrictions only apply to international shipping, and are not applicable to domestic shipping in mainland China.
5. What are sensitive goods and fragile goods?
Sensitive items refer to customs sensitive items or items restricted by normal transportation. Such items include, but not limited to, small amounts of air-tight food, battery and items containing battery, magnets, liquid, cream, gel products, cosmetics, certain brand items. Most electronic items are sensitive items.
Fragile items are goods that may be easily broken or damaged during shipping. Usually such items require special care for packing and handling. Such items cannot be shipped by regular mail.
Surcharge may be applied for sensitive product, battery, cell phone, medicine, food, cosmetic, some certain brand items, rural area delivery charge or over-length item charges.